Do you have a heart for helping others and care about the community and children of Tempe? Then volunteering at Hackett House is for you.
Please contact our volunteer coordinator today. We need your support.
There are so many wonderful reasons to volunteer at Hackett House!
Meet new friends
There are always new people to meet in the Tempe community when you volunteer at Hackett House.
Develop leadership skills
Would you like to hone your existing leadership skills or develop new ones? We have opportunities in purchasing, managing, working with merchandise, organizing, and more. Whether you work on a one-time event or in an ongoing capacity, you can find satisfying volunteer work at Hackett House.
Advance the important work of the Tempe Sister Cities Program
If you are a parent of a child who has been part of Tempe Sister Cities, you know first-hand how valuable this organization is to helping Tempe youth become upstanding global citizens. When you volunteer at Hackett House, you support Tempe Sister Cities and ensure that future generations can enjoy the same opportunities for learning and growth.
Enjoy the knowledge that ALL of your efforts benefit our Tempe community
Unlike organizations with high overhead costs, Hackett House is an all-volunteer organization. This means that your volunteer efforts help us reinvest 100% of our earnings back into our community.
Make a difference in the lives of Tempe children
For many of our volunteers, one of the most gratifying parts of being a Hackett House volunteer is getting to work directly with children from the Tempe community. Whether you are young yourself or simply young at heart, the Hackett House children’s programs provide our volunteers with opportunities to develop activities that are both fun and educational.
Take advantage of discounts at the Hackett House gift shop
Our gift shop volunteers and committee chairs enjoy discounts at the Hackett House gift shop. Gift shop discounts are but one of the ways we thank the valued volunteers who make our community outreach programs possible.
- Hackett House Gift Shop – Volunteers are needed to staff the gift shop, which is open Monday – Saturday from 10AM to 4PM.
- Adult Teas – Volunteers are needed to help prepare food, keep the teapots filled, and serve the guests for these teas, which are typically held once a month.
- Special Events – Volunteers are needed to help with setup, preparing food, serving food, and cleanup after the event. These events, which occur annually, include Mardi Gras, and Chocolate Happy Hour.
- Student field trips – Volunteers are needed to share information about a Sister City to Tempe sixth graders. Sister City artifacts, maps, and information are provided.
- “Passport to the World” program – Volunteers are needed to help with this award-winning program designed for children ages 7-12. Volunteers help children learn about a country through pre-planned hands-on activities involving food, music, crafts, literature and history. The program occurs several times a year from October to April, beginning at 9:15AM with registration and concluding after lunch, which the children prepare themselves.
Now you can experience the joy of volunteering at the Hackett House yourself
Please contact our volunteer coordinator today to discuss available opportunities.
Or if you prefer, you may volunteer for specific events listed on this site by filling out the forms located on the webpage describing a particular event.