KITCHEN KIDS COOKING SCHOOL-Week 1
June 7 @ 10:00 am - June 11 @ 12:30 pm$250.00
CALLING KITCHEN KIDS
A summer program for youth 8-12 years of age
An exciting series of cooking classes has been developed with our youth in mind. You will not only learn table etiquette and working your way around a kitchen, but, at the end of the class week, be able to set a proper table and prepare a healthy meal that your family – and YOU – would enjoy eating!
(Think – Tater Tots from scratch; Mac and Cheese not in a box; homemade ice cream; homemade pasta…)
Sign up for 1 or more weeks of classes as each week boasts a different menu. Details for each session:
- Takes place Monday, June 7-Thursday, June 10 from 10:00-12:30 and includes the lunch you prepare that day (THIS IS A DROP-OFF PROGRAM)
- Has a MINIMUM OF 6 students and a maximum of 8 students
- Without a minimum of 6 students met per session, clients will be fully refunded for class session.
- Cost of $250 per week
- Due to the nature of the class and planning ahead and purchasing food items, refunds will only be given for the week’s session if notified 72 hours in advance AND the spot can be filled with another student. You are welcome to send someone in your place to attend the class that you’ve purchased. Please choose your week(s) carefully!
During the course of the week, students will
- Learn to properly set a table
- Learn kitchen and dining etiquette
- Learn proper knife skills
- Develop proper sanitation habits
- Get tips on approaching shopping AND how to read labels
- Create a complete meal: main dish, vegetable, dessert (menus vary per week and subject to change) See Sample menus for the week here!
- Receive recipe booklet
(If you wish to gather your own group of 6-8 students, you can request all vegetarian or vegan. The cost of that class will be $350. Email sponsors at email@example.com)
COVID-19 PROTOCOL: Masks are required and temperatures will be taken before drop-off. We are continuing to follow cleanliness standards in the kitchen and eating areas.
- MUST WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES
- TIE BACK LONG HAIR
- READ AND CHECK OFF WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RISKS
- READ AND CHECK OFF THE ALLERGY INFORMATION (the Hackett House kitchen is not nut or gluten free. However, we can accommodate some allergy issues if noted on the signup form.
ABOUT THE CHEFS:
Hackett House is pleased to welcome Chef Marjorie Ohrnstein and Chef Mary Knight who will conduct the Hackett House Children’s Summer Cooking School.
Marjorie is a Private Chef, caterer, nutritionist, culinary educator and award-winning chef. Marjorie has won over 40 culinary awards from major food companies. She worked as a food stylist for the Food Network. She has a catering company called Fun Food Catering. Her website is funfoodcatering.com.
Mary Knight is a private chef and caterer and has been in the culinary business for over 20 years and a culinary educator for 15 years. Mary has won numerous awards and collaborated on a number of cookbooks. She has been active with recipe development and recipe testing.
The Hackett House is delighted to bring these two chefs who will teach our young chefs how to go from processed food to real food. In other words, I can open a box of mac and cheese OR I can make a much more nutritious version from scratch.