There are so many wonderful reasons to volunteer at Hackett House!
Meet new friends
There are always new people to meet in the Tempe community when you volunteer at Hackett House.
Develop leadership skills
Would you like to hone your existing leadership skills or develop new ones? We have opportunities in purchasing, managing, working with merchandise, organizing, and more. Whether you work on a one-time event or in an ongoing capacity, you can find satisfying volunteer work at Hackett House.
Advance the important work of the Tempe Sister Cities Program
If you are a parent of a child who has been part of Tempe Sister Cities, you know first-hand how valuable this organization is to helping Tempe youth become upstanding global citizens. When you volunteer at Hackett House, you support Tempe Sister Cities and ensure that future generations can enjoy the same opportunities for learning and growth.
Enjoy the knowledge that ALL of your efforts benefit our Tempe community
Unlike organizations with high overhead costs, Hackett House is an all-volunteer organization. This means that your volunteer efforts help us reinvest 100% of our earnings back into our community.
Make a difference in the lives of Tempe children
For many of our volunteers, one of the most gratifying parts of being a Hackett House volunteer is getting to work directly with children from the Tempe community. Whether you are young yourself or simply young at heart, the Hackett House children’s programs provide our volunteers with opportunities to develop activities that are both fun and educational.
Take advantage of discounts at the Hackett House gift shop
Our gift shop volunteers and committee chairs enjoy discounts at the Hackett House gift shop. Gift shop discounts are but one of the ways we thank the valued volunteers who make our community outreach programs possible.
- Hackett House Gift Shop – Be the first to see our unique gifts in the shop. Get discounts on all the merchandise and earn free attendance at some of our great cooking classes and events! Volunteers are needed to staff the gift shop, which is open Monday – Saturday from 11am to 5pm. Volunteer for three or more hours each week.
- Teas – Love to cook? Help Cheryl and Lesa prepare food for one of our famous tea parties. For 3 days prior to the teas, we prepare sweets, savories and scones…you can even take some home (and the recipes too)! Also needed are volunteers to help our skilled chefs prepare food. Teas are typically held 5-6 times a year on the weekend.
- Dinner Party Cooking Classes – Taste foods prepared fresh by some of the Valley’s top Chefs, watch them create these fabulous meals and learn their secrets. Join our amazing and vibrant Dinner Parties staff as they prepare and serve for these fun events which typically occur 6-8 times throughout the Hackett House season from 6-9pm.
- Special Events – Love Chocolate? Choose to volunteer at one of our special events like Chocolate Happy Hour or Mardi Gras. Whether you help with the cooking, decorating, or the silent auctions, these events are a blast.
- Children’s Programs – Volunteers are needed to share information about a Sister City to Tempe sixth graders. Sister City artifacts, maps, and information are provided. In February we need volunteers to judge and hang art work and help with the dessert reception for the Young Artist Program and we need volunteers to help with the Tempe Sister Cities Geography Bee.
- Ironing – Do you want to contribute from the comfort of your own home? Volunteers are needed to wash and iron tablecloths after teas and special events.
- Landscaping – Have a green thumb or just like to work outdoors? We need volunteers to clean the patio, tend to the landscaping and maybe even do a bit of landscaping design of their own. Can be done once a month, every week, whatever fits your schedule. Let’s keep the Hackett House looking beautiful!
Now you can experience the joy of volunteering at the Hackett House yourself
Please contact our volunteer coordinator today using the form below to discuss available opportunities.