Come join us for Culinary Adventures at the Hackett House
For those of you who love to cook, Hackett House has a Culinary Adventure awaiting you. Enjoy observing and learning from local and professional chefs, who prepare a three-course meal served to you. It is the perfect opportunity to get answers to any of those cooking questions you’ve wondered about, while enjoying time with fellow foodies!
View our upcoming classes below:
Upcoming Events › Cooking
The owners of El Chullo Restaurant, Esperanza Luzcando and her husband Jose Ramirez along with their children will greet us on the Hackett House Patio and feature food from the South American country of Peru - a country high in the Andes mountains. El Chullo opened in 2015 and is a central Phoenix staple for traditional Peruvian dishes like lomo saltado and arroz con pollo. The restaurant has become so popular they have outgrown their present space at 2605 N. Seventh…Find out more »
Feeling adventurous? Try a recipe from our archive:
- Carnitas Tacos from Garcia’s Restaurant.
- Chocolate Pudding Cake from Chef Justin Olsen of Bink’s Midtown.
- Formaggio Sauce from Chef Mario Vincintorio of VincinTorio’s Restaurant.
- Kale and Shaved Pear Salad from Chef Lee Hillson of the Phoenician Resort.
- Pasta Carbonara from Chef Lee Hillson of the Phoenician Resort.
- Quinoa Arugula Salad from Culinary Hobbyist Kathy Andrews.
- Sauerkraut Braised Pork Shoulder from Chef Justin Olsen of Bink’s Midtown
- Seco de Portobello from Vegan Chef Kim Lahn.